Wednesday, December 6, 2017

WEEK 5: I've been told to find Jesus this week because i'm a lost soul.

Hellooo everyone! 




Its not snowing here at all, in fact its like 65 degrees and i'm missing the snow and home a lot right now, but this week has been great and i hope you all have had a great week too. 

This week has been something close to a roller coaster! We spent time in Branson Missouri, Springfield Missouri, and in Bentonville Arkansas! We had meetings on top of meetings. I know that my leaders, the Lovelands and other missionaries, are inspired! It's crazy how many times they addressed the personal concerns I've had, that I've only shared through prayer. 

One concept that has been on my mind a lot lately from the conferences is an idea our Mission President is pushing lately. He has been inviting us to think of two questions. 

1. Am I teachable? 
2. Am I willing to teach?

The three of us are still getting used to working around each other! 

Our apartment is pretty small and all of our beds touch but it's a grand ol' time! Three is better than two!
our apartment

We started teaching this man named Sheldon! He's 20 and currently trying to figure out where he wants to go in life. When we shared about the Restoration of Christ's gospel and we repeated Joseph Smith's story, Sheldon stopped us and said that he had received these warm shivers up and down his body and he knows that it is true! He's been reading the Book of Mormon everyday since! That's my cool story for the week - it was hard to choose though because we get to see amazing things every week. We have set a Baptismal date for December 30 and we have 2 other Investigators on track to be baptized as well with Sheldon.

This week we ran into a lot of Angry people who just want us to let God do his work.  Lots of people seem to hate Mormons. It's okay though, i just smile and say have a great day and walk away. There are a lot of different religions, churches by many different names that I have never even heard of so I'm trying to learn what everyone believes so I know what I know and what they know.   

I'm so beyond blessed to be apart of this Church and i know that with all my heart that this is the true church, and that Heavenly Father loves each and everyone of us and knows our struggles and knows us by name. I also know that Joseph smith was a prophet called of God and that he did restore the church on the earth. 

My testimony grows everyday, even though some days we get yelled at or told there is something wrong with us and that we are bad people. I just keep remembering that i am never alone "WE" don't ever have to be alone in life, to walk with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ as our constant companions to help us stay on the straight and narrow path. 

This world is only getting more wicked and WE as members of this Church need to be ready for whatever the world may throw at us. I've been so blessed to be surrounded by all the amazing people i have in my life and i hope you all know i love you all so much. HAPPY DECEMBER!!!

LOVE Sister Gilmour aka Gilly 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WEEK 37: All the days mix together.

WOW this week has been crazy and i probably wont be able to tell you a single thing of what happened. All the days mix together. SCOTT g...