Wednesday, June 20, 2018

WEEK 33: Fun in the sun and humidity of Missouri

This week was AWESOME. 

We went to the temple last Wednesday and the was the Highlight to my week. The Kansas City Missouri Temple is Beautiful. I was able to do sealing for a family of 10, that was an amazing time for the family that was being sealed together for time and all eternity. ( My Dad was in town the same day for business and was only 20 mins from where I was.  I know it was killing him to not come see me but it would've been too hard for both of us).  

Family history has been a big part of my missionary life lately. I love the temple and the Personal revelation i am able to receive in the temple. I'm so thankful for the time i was able to spend in the Lords' house.  The temple is my happy place and will forever be apart of my life.

TRANSFERS came, I am staying another 6 weeks here in Nevada  MO and get to stay with Sister Anderson. This will be my 4th transfer in Fort Scott and my 3rd in Nevada. We set another Baptism date for July 29th for an investigator named Ben, We have Scott's coming up on July 14th. ​​Nevada is growing so much, along with Fort Scott KS and good things are happening. I was hoping to stay but also understood if i left that the Lord needed me to go to another area. 

Some funny things happened this week. Lately i've been really loving all the wild flowers that are here in the South and the Country.. SO in the middle of the Highway i parked the car and ran across the field of ticks and i'm sure other bugs to grab a flower that i wanted.. I got stung by a bee for that beautiful flower. I have a lot of them now in my journal that i am drying and will make something out of them. 🐝

Another funny story. We got lost on the dirt roads and our phones died.  We were in the dark in the middle of no where.  We were trying to get home but i took the wrong turn and was so afraid. I may be 22 but i am afraid of the dark and being in the middle of now where with crazy people hiding in the bushes.. well that's what i think. As i said a prayer i opened my eyes and a man was standing in front of our car and i look at Sister Anderson and i said " Check and lock the doors" he is NOT GETTING IN. I don't know what he was doing but he must have been lost too. I just cracked the window a little so he could here me yell.. STEP AWAY FROM THE CAR. I think he was on some kind of drug.. but i saw my life flash before my eyes and threw the car into reverse. I looked at Sister Anderson and said " Only in the boonies does this happen". We both just laugh about it now but in the moment i think we both panicked and my heart was afraid. I know that we were being protected and that there was only one man not multiple. It's funny now but it wasn't when it was happening.

We met a lady who is from Thailand the other day. We are now teaching her about the Gospel and has been helping us make food from all around the world. She is the Most giving person I've ever met. She loves God. That is one thing i love about serving out here is that everyone loves God and they all have strong relationships with him. I love how they aren't afraid to talk about there beliefs and they want to do everything they can to be 'saved and be with the Savior again. 

We were walking in Fort Scott the other day and Met a lady on the side of the road as we were walking the streets. She's recovering and is looking to let God into her life because she knows through him anything is possible. I have seen so many amazing people find there way with God and it makes everything worthwhile being away from my family and Career. I love being a missionary because i can see the Light come into the darkness surrounding them and change their life. The Book of Mormon is true and its a tool to protect us from the darkness. 

Every hard, exhausting day is worth the person that the Lord needs me to find and bring back into his fold. Everyone matters, and we must help Gather Israel. 

I love you all, Have an amazing week! 
Love Sister B Gilmour

No comments:

Post a Comment

WEEK 37: All the days mix together.

WOW this week has been crazy and i probably wont be able to tell you a single thing of what happened. All the days mix together. SCOTT g...