Tuesday, November 21, 2017

WEEK 3: Take every footstep in faith; loving others and seeing them as Christ sees them.

Well... I’m Sister training leader and just loving it so much. It’s a lot of work but we just got 39 new missionaries this last Wednesday and it is crazy madness and I’m running off not much  sleep but it’s been so fun meeting all these amazing new Sisters and Elders. Crazy to think I leave the MTC on Monday the 20th, (BG: we spoke to her from the airport, she was so excited to get to Arkansas but it hit her pretty hard travelling by the freeway exit that would typically take her home).  Where has the time gone alreadt, never thought I would hear those words come out of my mouth. I am kind of sad to be leaving my amazing district and sisters I have built amazing friendships with, definitely friends for life. We are all going to either  Arkansas Bentonville , Mississippi Jackson, or Arizona Phoenix mission. Super excited to keep in contact with everyone hopefully in 18 month, to 2 years we will reunite and have a PARTY!!!!!!!!!

I leave the MTC on Monday 20th @ 3:30am and head to the airport with most of my district, nice and early but I have a 5 hour flight so I’m sure I’ll get some rest there. I am feeling ready and determined to get into the mission field and help bring others the happiness that I feel through this true amazing Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am ready to work hard and keep pressing forward. I found out today that I will be returning date will be April 10,2019 which I am going to work by booty off until then. 

I’m loving the hard work and feeling the spirit all the time. Something this week that I have been working on is loving others and seeing them as Christ sees them. I know sometimes it’s hard to forgive someone or love them when they have done something wrong to you. But I promise as we pray and ask god to help our heart soften we can come to love those who have wronged us. As I prepare to enter the field I’m sure I’ll have rough days where people treat us missionaries bad, but I am going to tell them I love them. I’m sure they will hate it but I’m so ready to get out into the field. I’ll be taking every footstep in faith and keep plugging along.

I want all of you to please go listen to the talk “None were with him” (April 2009) by Elder Holland 
BEST TALK EVER!!!!!!!!

As sister training leader it has been such a busy exhausting week for me and Sister Mallory. 
We go around to 4 different rooms and pray with each of them, pull each senior companion out of the room for a quick interview in how things are going with them. Answering any questions they may have for us cause the new Sisters have only been here 3 days now. It’s crazy I love each of them so much and want to help them grow and find themselves. They are all like little sisters and I have 16 new Sisters I get to love and take care of.  (I have amazing sister of my own too) (love you guys) A lot of them are home sick and missing home but I just keep praying for them and ask them to keep taking one day at a time. I always say the Lord wouldn’t give us something we couldn’t handle in our lives. Christ made is possible so we don’t have to walk this life alone. We are so blessed aren’t we?
 
Moroni 10:7 
7 ​And ye may ​​​know​ that he is, by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore I would exhort you that ye deny not the power of God; for he worketh by power, ​​​according​ to the faith of the children of men, the same today and tomorrow, and forever.

The MTC was killer.  I’m excited to enter into my mission and let everyone see pictures and hear about it next week. 

I love each and everyone of you, email me because I want to hear from you. 
I miss doing hair, my clients but have been cutting hair here in the MTC a little bit. 

I can do hard things and so can you.

Love 
Sister Gilmour ❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment

WEEK 37: All the days mix together.

WOW this week has been crazy and i probably wont be able to tell you a single thing of what happened. All the days mix together. SCOTT g...