Monday, December 18, 2017

WEEK 7: Surprise, I moved!! Missouri!! Crazy week, BUT SO MANY MIRACLES


I moved.... There's been a lot of crazy stuff happening here in my mission this week, so busy and for me it's been a crazy last 48 hours.  
My new address is: 1049 N Pebble Creek Drive, Nixa,  Missouri 65714

MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL

I've been out almost 2 months and the crazy things I've experienced shock me to no end but I'm so grateful to have had all of these different experiences.

I just got moved in the middle of the transfer to Nixa, Missouri suburb of Springfield.  I have a new companion named Sister Knight who is from Provo UT, up near the Older Provo Temple and Rock Canyon.   She has been out 2 months.... she's is still training herself, so we will see how it goes but I have high hopes and know that we are together for a reason now.  We have a pretty good amount of people in our new area that we're working with.  I'm in a really nice area and finding is normally done through members and less actives.  


Sad to say goodbye to my companion.
Most people can't say they've had 3 comps in their 1st month and a half in the mission field - lucky me. I guess I'm just special.:)
My new Home - Mom in Nixa.
I think she looks and acts a lot like one of my cool aunts:)






We live with an amazing couple from the ward, they are awesome.  They have the biggest hearts, and take such good care of us.  I'm so excited to be here with them.  Amazing people.  



I don't have a truck anymore but I drive a car though, it's really nice:).  

Sometimes I don't know why certain things are happening to me but I'm so grateful to the power of prayer, for everything I'm experiencing here. Heavenly Father has our best interest at heart and we need to trust him and let him help us as we go through life.  YOU ARE NEVER ALONE.

The 7 boys are the Goiets and I love this family so much.
This week I was able to see Sheldon grow and get closer to his baptismal date in 1 week.  It was hard to leave him and everyone else at first that I had built relationships with the ward.  All the new investigators we have found through me doing their hair.   I know I'll go back to Harrison Arkansas, and the people there will always have a special place in my heart.  So many miracles happened this week and I'm so grateful for the Spirit and for the guidance and protection it gives me.


Bro and Sister Whitney... also known as my best friends, so grateful!! There are good people everywhere.

First Miracle

We went tracking and ran into a young man named Brent who was telling us a week ago that he was talking to his girlfriend about going to a Mormon church because he wanted to learn more. He didn't know where the church was so he just let it go for a few days.  Until 3 Sister Missionaries knocked on his door and taught him more about Christ and we taught him the Restoration and gave him a Book of Mormon.  Lessons are coming along.  I've been working and studying a lot.  We made a return appointment and we're going back on Wednesday this week. Dang I got transferred.... but it still made my experience and week amazing. I know that God is preparing people for each of us and he places us in their path when they are ready. So grateful for the guidance of the spirit.

Christmas is coming up, I hope everyone is doing Light the World. We have been doing service all week and have loved sharing a message about Jesus Christ.

Jesus taught:

"Forgive men their trespasses."

—Matthew 6:14

Allowing anger or resentment to fester will never lead to happiness. We must make amends with people before bitterness destroys our important relationships.

One thing I've been working on is forgiving those that have done me wrong.  We must make amend s with those people before it to late. As Christmas comes up, I want to invite everyone to pick a "Christ Attribute" that you can work on for a week.  We are so blessed and have so much to be thankful for.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Love Sister Gilmour - The Church is True





No comments:

Post a Comment

WEEK 37: All the days mix together.

WOW this week has been crazy and i probably wont be able to tell you a single thing of what happened. All the days mix together. SCOTT g...