Monday, February 12, 2018

WEEK 15: I'm a travelling missionary, in more ways than one:)

Another week gone by, another Weekly email! This week has been INSANE.

Earlier in the week:

We got a big ice storm and have been inside for 2 days. If anyone has ever experienced ice storms they are nuts.   Sister Snyder and I, Sister Shelly and Sister Beckwith all had to stay indoors.  Due to the ice storm we couldn't drive. We went Ice skating without ice skates and it was so fun!  

We are living with the other sisters in Ozark - sudden change and recent events caused us to have to move.   











Today Monday:

I'M GETTING TRANSFERRED to Kansas.  I Know - WHATTTTT?   Fort Scott, is the town I'm in.  It's a cute town that has brick roads and cute homes.  My new Comp will be Sister Rudolph and I'm excited to get to know her. I never thought that that in 4 months I'd be on my 5th companion, 3rd State, in 3 transfers.   My Mission hasn't been easy but if anything I've been so blessed to have had Sister Snyder as my companion.  I love her and our friendship has been great. I learn lots everyday and I know that the friendships I'm making will be friendships that will last forever. 
The other night we went ice skating and ... Yep i ate it hard!  I thought I was going to crack my face open. These storms are so weird, it rains likes crazy and within seconds it would freeze and everything would be covered in a sheet of ice.   
Man do I miss the Normal Sundays away from a mission life.  No movies or anything-ha.  We did stay busy all day and it helped to have the other Sisters with us.   We made a Fort and slept in it one night,  we have been doing small things to have fun despite the Weather Conditions. 

Another Funny Experience that happened to me this week.. Me and Sister Snyder were tracting and knocked on this door.. we hear a man yell... ONE MINUTE, okay... we looked at each other. 3 mins passed and we hear someone coming to the door. This man opens the door BUTT NAKED ahahahahahahahahaah um.. hi... we are the Sister Missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. How are you doing? He then responds with good and I couldn't keep a straight face so i just started to laugh and he got offended and shut the door in our face.  I walked down the stairs and fell off/down the last 3 stairs and just laid there till i could stop laughing.  I laughed so hard that I cried my Mascara off. 

Oh the joys of missionary work.  Nobody told me that might happen:).  

I have had a lot of opportunities to study and have a lot of spiritual experiences with the Scriptures and a lot of the time with conference talks.   I have grown to love the words we have been given from Prophets and Apostles.  This church is true.  Seeing so many religions here in the South you see a lot of people who believe differently and like to tell you, that you are wrong.   This has been a big testimony building experience for me because I know that the message we come and share is true.  I love the spirit I feel as I teach the Restoration and the Plan of Salvation.  The joy and the Knowledge it brings into peoples lives is worth all the doors that slam or swear words people call you.   It's all worth it.  You have to have the bad days to experience and love the good days.

This week was tough.. probably one of the hardest so far on my mission but I've read a few talks that have lifted lots of my hard trials off my back and I've been able to be comforted in ways that I cant even express my gratitude.   I'm doing my best to try and stay positive.  I'm sure there are those who think mission life is easy and that we should be happy all the time, news flash -we're not happy all the time

Here are some talks i want you all to go listen too
 "Tomorrow the Lord will do Wonders among you" Jeffery R Holland
" Bear up their Burdens with Ease" David A Bednar
" Like a broken Vessel" Jeffery R Holland

Also read D&C chapter 11

Inline image 1Inline image 2
Inline image 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

WEEK 37: All the days mix together.

WOW this week has been crazy and i probably wont be able to tell you a single thing of what happened. All the days mix together. SCOTT g...