Monday, April 9, 2018

WEEK 23: Prayers for the Miller Family. A good missionary is one that is teachable and good at teaching people, not lessons.

First off I want to let the Miller Family know that I am praying for them.   President Miller was an amazing Stake President and Example of Christ and he was truly converted to the Gospel and helping others and he is very Christlike.  I am so sorry to hear of his passing.  He had a huge influence on my going on a mission and was always so supportive and encouraging.   Another angel added to the Heavens. I will be praying for his family and close friends.

I think sometimes it's hard to look at the positive when something negative happens.. this week was a change for me in my mission. I have seen the Lords hand and Little miracles just pour over me and my awesome companion Sister Knight. We found 9 new investigators this weekend,, now if anyone has every shot gunned an area it can be a little stressful and you want the work to be right before you when you get into an area that is unfamiliar. This week we were in Joplin Missouri for 2 days and then went on exchanges with Sister Tilliotson and Sister Blazer. Amazing missionaries and I love being with other missionaries because I always learn so much from them.  A good missionary is one that is teachable and good at teaching people, not lessons. 

Funny experience ... has anyone every tried fried Ocra? Well it's a southern food and I had it this week with Sister Blaser.  After being on exchanges we went and got ice cream and got Ocra.. it was her first time trying it and it was nice and hot and fresh.. YUMMY SO GOOD. the Lord speaks to me with food.. don't worry I work out every day here and I watch what I eat.. everyone loves BUTTER HERE TOO ha. anyways.. we were eating this and it was so hot it burned a piece of skin off of the top of my mouth.. I asked her to look and she just busted up laughing because she thought it was hilarious.. (I'll send the video and have my dad post it) we just laughed so hard until she had tears streaming down her face.. I wasn't sure if she was crying or laughing. She has never laughed that hard she said. I'm here for entertainment to others ha. JK I know my purpose but laughing and doing funny things comes with knowing my purpose. I know I'm a dork, but you gotta be who you are.. that's why the Lord called me to be an instrument in his hands. 

Conference was amazing and I love the ministering to those in our wards and neighbors.  I cant even begin to tell everyone how strong I felt the spirit when we sustained our new Prophet who has been called by god and I know that he is just perfect to lead and guide this church right now. It's cool to help people see that God just like in old times has prophets on this earth today. I've seen the Gospel and the Book of Mormon change so many peoples lives since I've been out for 6 months.. time flies. But the words that were spoken and the advice that was given was awesome. 

May we take it upon ourselves and really help all of gods children find their way back to their Savior through the one and only true church and may we LOVE ONE another and be kind and loving like the Savior. 

I've been studying the Christlike Attributes over the passed few months and its been amazing to see how much I'm doing, but I know the growth also comes with time. No one is perfect, maybe I've been too hard on myself on my mission and in my life at times.   I'm learning to give it all to the Savior and have the atonement make up the rest of my short comings. 

I want to invite everyone to study the Christlike attributes and become more like him, HE has risen and he will be coming sooner then we think. 

What an honor it is to be a missionary at this time, to be away from the world as much as I miss normal life.   We need to Give up our will and align it with Gods will and give him our old self so he can help us become who HE NEEDS US TO BE. 

I love this Gospel and I would share more miracles but that will be next week. 

Be you, Keep being different and strive to be an example and minister to everyone.

LOVE Sister Gilmour xoxoxxo​

No comments:

Post a Comment

WEEK 37: All the days mix together.

WOW this week has been crazy and i probably wont be able to tell you a single thing of what happened. All the days mix together. SCOTT g...