Monday, April 2, 2018

WEEK 22: Conference was awesome, deep breaths.

To start things out. Russel M. Nelson is amazing and I know that he is a true prophet of God. Sustaining a new prophet and being able to have the spirit confirm to me that he is called by God to lead and guide his church on this earth is awesome. I'm so beyond grateful I was able to stand as a missionary, a member of the Church on Jesus Christ of latter-day saints and sustain him. What an Honor it is to be a missionary at this time. As we are making changes in the church, i know this is for the better. This will further the work to move forward. It will give everyone the opportunity to love, and minister unto every one of those who may be lost, and to everyone of all ages. The spirit may guide and direct us through promptings, may we listen and act on the feeling and thoughts we receive to help and love those who may not be feeling the love that the Savior has for them. You can be that person's way of feeling that love. 

So... crazy stuff happened this week. I closed my area in Fort Scott to missionaries and started an area called Nevada Missouri and it's been an experience. I'm still close to Fort Scott so I'll be going in once a week to teach the 30 investigators we were teaching and set some baptism dates. We have a baptism set here in Nevada and her name is Molly. She is 16, and has been looking into the Church for 4 years, she's as sweet as they come and I'm really excited to help this young girl find her happiness in this amazing journey.
Sometimes we don't recognize the impact we have on others and there lives. I've moved every 6 weeks on my mission for 6 months and it's been hard but I'm seeing me and my talents planting many seeds. Preparing people for the future. I have been a little.. okay a lot, stressed lately and have spent a lot of time praying for help and support, I know I'm never alone. I found out I was starting from scratch this area 10 hours before TRANSFERS and packed up so fast I just threw it all into my Suit case. 

I'm going to share an amazing experience I had this week with my mission presdients wife... sister Loveland. Thursday I was driving to transferrs and I had hit my breaking point, to where I was about to call my mom and throw in the towel and get on the next plane home.  We weren't treated very well in Fort Scott and it was the hardest area I have served in. Anyways so I dialed my mom's number and as I hit the call button, Sister Lovelands name pops up on my screen. So I answered and she said "is Sister Gilmour there? I had a feeling I needed to call her, so here i am seeing how your doing" i started talking and just balled, I cried so hard I almost threw up(yummy) and i told her i wasn't doing very well. I began to talk to her about some things that had happened in the last 2 weeks and how we've been treated so badly. I talked to her about a situation that happened a few days ago, where I was defending the priesthood and how sacred the gift that men get to have that. I got treated really badly but I stood my ground on the topic. She said "Sister Gilmour, you remind me of the savior" people didn't agree with him and he was treated so badly, you too know what was right but you stood close to the truth and testified of the gift of the priesthood. I know what is righte from wrong and I will always stand for the truth, I am not ashamed to be a member of this church, to be different and to not be in what the world may think right, but I do know right from wrong. Stand and be an example, be different and be who you are. 

Funny moment. Me and Sister Rudolph thought it would be a funny idea and ride our bikes Tuesday night.. um that was I bad idea. So we went on our way, I kid you not.. 5 minutes later it down pours. So we are drenched in rain and just drippin with water. We get back home after a long night of teaching and riding our bikes in the rain. We get home and we look in the mirror and our mascara had ran down our faces. No wonder everyone was looking at us weird. We looked like a hot mess. Good times ha oh the joys of biking in a skirt and getting you car taken for a week, for other sisters who needed it. Is was quite thrilling actually. 
I miss Sister Rudolph, I love her, but Sister Knight is great too. She is from Utah.. figures ha, she is the 2nd oldest, from Ogden and has been serving for 10 months.  She loves burgers and comic books, she worked at lagoon, and is quiet but don't worry that will change after 6 weeks of being  comps with me ha. 
 
I love you all, keep emailing me. 
Love Sister Gilmour💜

No comments:

Post a Comment

WEEK 37: All the days mix together.

WOW this week has been crazy and i probably wont be able to tell you a single thing of what happened. All the days mix together. SCOTT g...