Monday, April 16, 2018

WEEK 24: Come What May and Love It - Serving Others, Makes every hard day worth it!!

This week has been NUTS ... days feel like weeks and weeks feel like days!!

Well another week here in Nevada MO has come to an end or started depending on how you look at it. 

I'm going to have the hardest time speaking when I come home:).  Everyone here has all sorts of lingo and slang and I'm not going to know how to speak English anymore. 

I have 11 months left.  It's crazy to think that in June I'll be hitting my 9 month mark.  WOW can I say it's been crazy, and there's never a dull moment. 

This week I let a dog go.   Yep we are trying to get to know someone we havent seen at church for a while nor her three boys. As I opened the door I let her big dog escape.. so Sister Knight and I took it upon ourselves to go find that dog and give him blueberry cookies to get him into the car and take him home.   Who doesn't like those?  I think everyone should because they are so good!! People out here know how to cook some pretty dang, good, food. I feel like I'm serving in my own foreign country. 

We found a guy named Mike this week.  He just got out of prison.  He feels like God has abandoned him.  For the first time as we gave him a Book of Mormon and shared a strong testimony about the Atonement he started to tear up.  We have gone back to go see him and I think he has so much potential.  I just want to teach him the gospel.   I know, and I've seen this before, the gospel changes lives. 

We did service for a family that just lost there home due to a house fire.  How sad to see people lose everything and to see them not be able to do anything about it.  What an amazing opportunity we get to serve one another.   I love getting to help people here in this poor area. 

Makes every hard day worth it.

Not a super long email today but we have lots happening.  The work is moving forward here in Nevada MO. 

Have and Amazing week.

Everyone,  I'd like to invite everyone to read the Conference talk "Come what may and Love it".
  • https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2008/10/come-what-may-and-love-it?lang=eng 
I love it and I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sister Gilmour

No comments:

Post a Comment

WEEK 37: All the days mix together.

WOW this week has been crazy and i probably wont be able to tell you a single thing of what happened. All the days mix together. SCOTT g...