Monday, April 23, 2018

WEEK 25: A week full of spiders and getting DIRTY!!!!!!!

Wow what a week!!  I cant even remember half of it.  I'm working my companion hard and I might have almost killed her this week.. OOPS

This week we spent 3 days in Joplin, Mo (remember they had that devastating tornado there a few years ago?) for zone conference and then we did exchanges afterwards.  I took Sister Tillitson to my area to show her how we do things here in the Boonies.  

I'm loving this area and the weather has been beautiful, allowing us to ride our bikes. 

We found lots of new people in those 3 days and we also got to have another sleepover at their place.  We woke up there to celebrate my BIRTHDAY!!!! My companion laughs because I cant say it's my birthday every day for a week.  Now its over and I have to wait until next year. I have 1 year left and I'm ready to make it a good year. 

We set another Baptism date this week for Linda for May 26th.  Teaching her is so much fun because she just loves what we are teaching her.  I just love seeing her smile when she tells us she loves God and she knows the Book of Mormon is true.

Saturday was quite the day.  5 service projects and i might have gone a little hard that day to where I am now having a sore back... but it was totally worth it because we got 2 new investigators out of it and we are going back to help serve them again this week. 

The Sisters in the mission that have been my companion have gotten the word out about how Sister Gilmour works her companions hard, all the time, and how tired they always feel.  I tell everyone I get my work ethic, example, from my amazing parents.  Here's what we did for service:

  1. We ripped a shed down off of a house for an old lady.  I have never seen so many spiders and cockroaches in my entire life, one crawled up my leg and i became the entertainment for everyone that morning. 
  2. We went to help a family in our ward who is leaving in a week to go serve in the Redlands, CA mission.  We helped them move.  I'VE GOT SOME GUNS and everyone in the ward knows that too ha. I again just love this ward here in Nevada, MO.
  3. Planted a big garden for one of out investigators.  Her name is Wanda.  I am loving all of the knowledge I'm learning about gardening.  I'll be coming home making everything grow because I'm going to be a champ at growing and planting gardens.  I also go to wear my first COWBOY HAT and feel like a real cowgirl ha.. no but really I want a hat now.  The country is growing on me and I'm sure I'm just going to miss it one day.  
  4. Helped another family move but we needed to go through their shed in the back and figure out what was in the boxes first.. OH MANN.   I  have never had so many spiders crawl on me and i have never SCREAMED so dang loud in my life.  I had a brown spider on me that felt like it was the size on my fist.. i love helping people but not with spiders.. no thanks. We got lots done and helped many people that day.
So thankful for all of the many opportunities to serve that i get as a missionary for the Church. It's worth every hard day.  

I am learning to love what happens and to laugh in the hard moments.  I'm growing and becoming someone I know that the Savior is proud of.   

See my pics on my fb page that my dad posted.  If there's no pic, it didn't happen:).

I love you all, have an amazing week Y'ALL
Love Sister Gilmour


No comments:

Post a Comment

WEEK 37: All the days mix together.

WOW this week has been crazy and i probably wont be able to tell you a single thing of what happened. All the days mix together. SCOTT g...