Monday, April 30, 2018

WEEK 26: I've been so happy here and really love everything about this area.

Hello everyone, another week has gone by.  We are about to get transfer calls in a week.  Sister Knight and I already know she is leaving and will be serving closer to president for a transfer.  That means, I'm getting a new companion.  I wonder who???  

Nevada is an amazing place.  I've been so happy here and really love everything about this area. My mission has been tough but I've grown so much it really has made me a strong person and missionary. 

Funny moment this week... :):)

Sister Knight and I went to go visit and find a referral we were given by the Pittsburg elders.   This lady has cancer and has only a 2 months to live so we met up with her, started teaching and while we were doing so an old man in a wheelchair comes over to see us.  Sister Knight has never looked so scared before.  He grabs her hand and starts kissing and laughing at her... kissing her hand more and more and in Sister Knight's words... she says "well I've never been in this awkward situation before". I'm laughing cause she doesn't know what to do. I should have recorded it because it was so funny.  I also got growled at by an old lady I was trying to talk to... I don't think she liked us very much. Too funny

We went to dinner the other night with a member, she and her brother take in kids who don't have the best of living situations.  Nevada and Fort Scott are known for some pretty heavy drug usage and some kids live in some really awful homes.  They take them in and keep them out of trouble by having them work on their farm.  We taught 8 people and 2 have been coming to church.  This was on Sunday evening and it was so fun, we had dinner and then played with pigs and baby rabbits and goats...the sunset was beautiful. We played football and Frisbee and just had a good time with some good southern cooking. 

Sorry for the late email we went to Joplin today and had a flowerball fight in an abandoned water park with sister Tillotson (from Highland-love her) and Sister Blazer and 4 of the great elders. 

Super fun and I would love to do it again. 

I know this church is true love you all.

Have a great week
Love Sister Gilmour 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WEEK 37: All the days mix together.

WOW this week has been crazy and i probably wont be able to tell you a single thing of what happened. All the days mix together. SCOTT g...