Wednesday, May 9, 2018

WEEK 27: Transfers and a new companion, work is going great!

Anther week, another companion... yes:)

This week was just awesome, we have set 4 dates for baptism here.  We have 2 set for May and 2 set for June and I'll be here for all of them.   I'm super excited and happy I get to stay and work with all the amazing people here in Nevada, MO and Fort Scott, KS.

We have had a lot of amazing and funny experiences this week. I'll share the funny first then I'll share the spiritual one next. 

So... lots of animals here.. i am holding them all the time and the birds are everywhere and always flying around. I was having a nice evening watching the sunset go down with an investigator names Wanda. As we are sitting there eating cheesecake, I feel this slimy thing on my middle of my forehead.. all i can think is OH NO. I put my hand on my forehead and guess what i felt. Well you see I talk about animals a lot and what do animals do.. They poop.. the bird pooped on my forehead, on my arm and I just began to laugh so hard, I was dying, Wanda couldn't control herself, she had to go inside before she had an accident. Sister knight is on the floor of Wanda's porch and I'm sitting there with Bird poop on my face. But the birds here are so pretty. (hope that gives you a good laugh for the week) Never a dull moment with Sister Gilmour.

Spiritual time: This week was incredible and I cant even begin to say how grateful I am to be here another 6 weeks. We have been teaching a lady named Becky, Becky is my best friend. I love her, i met her in Walmart 2 weeks ago and we have been teaching her. She was supposed to get baptized 9 years ago, but then ended up in the hospital due to some illnesses she has. We taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ and extended a Baptism date for June 7th.  She wants to join the church and she knows it's true.  She was having a rough night on Monday so we went to go visit her.  We called Brother Gillette to come give her a blessing and he came over and man was it so amazing to see her face after he was done giving her that blessing. She looks at me and says "Sister Gilmour that was AMAZING, I feel like there has been a weight lifted off my shoulders. Why doesn't everyone have this amazing gift." We have been talking a lot about the priesthood and how we are able be baptized in this life, but we have the ability to make it continue beyond this life. She is getting baptized because she knows this is the true church. She is an amazing example of never giving up and being humble. I just love her. 

I love seeing how the Gospel can change lives in just the matter of 6 weeks. Because i know that, the Lords hand is in every finding, teaching and growing experience.   I know that this is the only true church here on this earth today. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. 

Happy mothers day, to all the amazing women and moms i have in my life. But especially to my amazing momma.

LOVE Sister Gilmour

No comments:

Post a Comment

WEEK 37: All the days mix together.

WOW this week has been crazy and i probably wont be able to tell you a single thing of what happened. All the days mix together. SCOTT g...