Saturday, May 19, 2018

WEEK 28: hAPPY mOTHERS dAY - IT SURE WAS!!

WOW talking to my AWESOME family was just the greatest yesterday. I am beyond blessed to have such amazing  sisters, parents, nana and Bro in law! I am so grateful for eternal families and that i get those goofballs for the rest of my life.

This week has been great, i have a new companion, her name is Sister Anderson and she is from Blackfoot, Idaho.  She's been on her mission for 5 months and serving in Camdenton, MO before coming here.  This is her 2nd area and so far.. i think she likes it. She got a great companion!:)

We have been finding lots of new people. 

The other evening we road our bikes for 4 hours and just about talked to everyone.  We went and contacted a less active and we will be helping her with her house that she is remodeling.. i think i'm going to be a Pro by the end of my mission on fixing up houses. Maybe when i get home that will be my first project. 

I'm loving the work.  I've seen the Gospel change lives and I've been able to see the Lord help those around us change for the better. We are helping a lot of people here, Becky has been one of them. Yesterday we had a crazy experience, we went to go visit someone in the Hospital were they keep people for mental illness. On the way out we were stopped by a lady asking for help, we ran over to get the girl that had been sitting in the passenger side of the car. The girl had been drugged and was shaking.. it was scary but I've seen the things drugs do here to people. We helped get this girl who is probably around 17 out of the car and into a wheel chair to get her into the hospital. I was able to pray with her and get the information of the person who brought her 
in. 

I gave them a Plan of Salvation pamphlet and our card to call us if they need anything. I always know that we are placed in situations for others. Nothing is a coincidence and we as heavenly fathers children can change life through prayer.

Prayer is our way of communication with our Heavenly Father. I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. 

Love you all have a great week.

Love Sister Gilmour

No comments:

Post a Comment

WEEK 37: All the days mix together.

WOW this week has been crazy and i probably wont be able to tell you a single thing of what happened. All the days mix together. SCOTT g...