Monday, July 2, 2018

WEEK 35: What are you personally doing to show that you are a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter Day Saints?

Elders hair cuts: After District meeting on Wednesday we went to lunch with the Elders and they found out I was cutting one of the Elders' hair and they all jumped on the invite and decided they needed cuts too. I did 5 Men's cuts in 1 hour and one of the Elders was like" i thought you were all talk, but this is one of the BEST haircuts I've ever received. ha!  I have been helping some of the Elders out and only do it on certain days because i have the lords work to do and i'm not out here to do hair, even though i love it, i am focusing on the Lords work while serving others with the Talents I've been given.

Choking on a watermelon: It's been so hot here Sister Anderson and i have become Addicted to watermelon. After a long day in the sun on our bikes i got home and opened the Fridge and grabbed that Amazing Ripe Water melon and got a really big piece. I thought it was going to fit in my mouth so i just shoved it in my mouth and 2 seconds later my comp made me laugh and i Started to Choke on my big piece of watermelon. I eventually could breathe and you bet i finished eating that whole watermelon even though it almost took my life for 2 seconds. 

Planting 200 pumpkins.... Dirt tans..... I have become a really good gardener. I've been planting lots and helping many people with their gardens. With it being 100 degrees outside sister Anderson and i decided to go do some service on Saturday for a family in our ward. We planted 200 pumpkins and it was so rewarding to plant each and everyone of them. Yes it was hot but this older gentleman that we were helping was going to do it by himself. So we were in the big dirt field and just got covered in dirt to the point we had tan lines that looked very dirty. My companion is white and a read head and doesn't get sun so she wanted to keep her tan on ha. I was getting close to finishing planting my last 20 seeds and i got was so exhausted because earlier that day we move someone who was a hoarder. We then did this and i was so tired, i said a silent prayer in my heart for energy and to finish this service, all of this sudden i had a burst of energy i didn't know where it came from and before you know it i was done. Missionary life is Exhausting but, it is worth every single hard moment. You just have to take one day at a time and 1 step at a time. 

NEW MISSION PRESIDENT IS HERE!!!!!!!! I'm so excited to get to know him. Lots of changes are about to come but i feel like this will be a good thing and I'm so excited to get to know him and his wife. I get to meet him this Friday so i will write about it in my email next week on how it goes. 

I just want to ask one simple question and have you think about it. 

What are you personally doing to show that you are a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter Day Saints. I want to leave that question with you today and then ask you to act on what your doing and change lives this week. 

Your example means more than you think and we much serve others and bring them Closer to Christ.

Love Sister B Gilmour

No comments:

Post a Comment

WEEK 37: All the days mix together.

WOW this week has been crazy and i probably wont be able to tell you a single thing of what happened. All the days mix together. SCOTT g...